Monday, November 24, 2014

Finally Accepting Winter

There was a huge development in Portland, Oregon this week and it deserves a mention. 

This season I felt the weather take a sharper turn than I ever remember from the past and it impacted me in a big way. I also think there was a part of me that has become a wuss amongst the elements over the past year since I stopped running. I used to be out stomping pavement no matter what weather. 10 degrees colder, add another layer. 20 degrees colder, wear gloves (or socks on your hands. Don't make fun, it works). 

Because of whatever excuses I want to make, I've become quite sensitive to the rain, the cold and the sudden change of the seasons. 

Therefore I bought a jacket, and it's everything I need. 

It's long, it's waterproof, it's warm, it has multiple pockets, waist defining details, zippers, buttons, a hood, and even the most ridiculous fur detail and obviously aggressive eskimo hood. 

I didn't find this jacket, this jacket found me. 

It was spotted at Costco after an afternoon of work beers on my usual quest for steak strips, gum and those delightful sample booths. Somehow I even managed to pass up the 5-pack of EOS lip balms, something I can't usually accomplish even in the Target check-out lane. 

My purchase makes me happy and might also make me feel a little ridiculous. 


Okay a lot ridiculous. #WinterIsComing

14 comments

P!nky said...

I'm a huge wuss when it comes to cold, too. Unless I"m doing something I love or looking at the Alaskan mountains. Otherswise, cold me no likey!

Me likey the picture of you in the coat, though. And for a Costco price, heeeecks yeah!

Have a great week, friend!

Helene in Between said...

you are the cutest little eskimo in that coat!

Kristen said...

you're so cute! i was just at costco and didnt see any coats, boo.

BLovedBoston said...

I dont think the jacket is ridiculous in the least and you're going to be so warm and happy!

Nadine said...

Well you just look adorable in that coat! And way to go on the will power with the lip balms!

Kay R. said...

I love it! I want one although its scorching where I am!

Meagan said...

Love the eskimo look, so cute! I know it's winter when I have to wear my parkaaa... brrrr!!

Unknown said...

Girl, I'm not even gonna lie, I completely and utterly HATE the cold. It's just down right miserable. So I too bought a wonerful winter jacket. It's one of the best things I have ever purchased! Lol. It actually looks a lot like yours. :)

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

A warm coat is a must in the winter. Costco has some great one. My husband got one from Costco years ago and it still in good shape.

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I would be lost without my jacket like that. Standing at the bus stop requires being totally bundled up!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

YOU LOOK LIKE AN ESKIMO AND I WANT TO GIVE YOU ESKIMO KISSES!

Kasey Lynne said...

I'm a little jealous that you actually have USE for that jacket. People would look at me with a crazy eye if I wore that down here in So Cal.

Melissa Nicole said...

NOW YOU CAN WEAR IT WHEN YOU COME SEE ME AND NOT DIE OF FROSTBITE!

Him & Me (But Mostly Me) said...

I'll send you some of the warmness from here if you'd like :)