Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Up North

Thanksgiving weekend was a serious success as my family flocked north to my brother's brand new home in Seattle. 


Dad liked the idea of Thanksgiving away because there is a 7-11 within walking distance where he could replenish his daily 64oz of soda.

Mom liked the idea of Thanksgiving away because going into it, she truly believed that she wasn't going to have to cook at all (and the truth is brother did most for actual Thanksgiving, but mom was the resident chef for the rest of the weekend).

My brother liked the idea of Thanksgiving at his house so that he wouldn't have to drive, could get his internet installed, would have special delivery of his TV and other things he'd shipped to mom and dad's house - and the obvious fact that we'd leave with the place cleaner than when we got there. 

My sisters (two golden retrievers above) loved the idea of Thanksgiving away because they've never been to "Matt's place". He's lived in Europe for the last four years and he's the one who has been making the visits. 

I liked the idea of Thanksgiving away because with no Wifi at my brother's place, it was very unlikely that I'd feel the pull to work during the holiday. This doesn't mean I didn't refrain from pulling out the laptop on Saturday and Sunday, but at least the stress wasn't present during family time. 

We all enjoyed the way that Thanksgiving actually turned out and no credit cards were maxed out with the peer pressure of Black Friday. I may have popped onto Amazon for a few books and this 64oz Hydro Flask that will be everlastingly awesome - but nothing overboard. 

The feast itself was plentiful - with more carbs from potatoes, pie, stuffing and bread rolls than I'd expected - but all consumed with consciousness and zero regrets. 

Wish me luck this week with my attempt to navigate the awesomeness of ClassPass during my crazy-busy work week!

How was your holiday weekend? Eat everything you wanted? Sweat a little? Shop till you dropped?

15 comments

P!nky said...

What a fun post! I'm glad y'all enjoyed Thanksgiving 'away' and didn't feel too pressured to work. Family time is super important.

Hope you have a great week, friend!

Melissa Nicole said...

awww yay for matt being home! it looks like you had a great Thanksgiving :) ps i fail and we never skyped :(

Kristen said...

you have the most beautiful sisters :) and yay for a little time off work and eating all the carbs. no regrets :)

brooke lyn said...

i think matt man and i got the same tv.. costco?!

Nadine said...

Your sisters are adorable!!! Sounds like you had a great time and I am sure your brother enjoyed breaking the house in.

I ate lots of yummy things and shopped a lot :)

Helene in Between said...

sounds like y'all had a great time!!

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family.

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I heard Amazon had great sales on books! I wish I would've checked it out. :(

Kay R. said...

Ahh glad you had a great one! Sounds perfect to me!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday!

BLovedBoston said...

Being with family is the best and looks like everyone lucked out!!!

Him & Me (But Mostly Me) said...

Awww sounds like a great Thanksgiving! And how nice to travel with your sisters! Great pic!

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

Ahhh I tried to sign up for the ClassPass, but they only give you 48 hours to act and I totally slacked. Boo :-(

Kasey Lynne said...

So glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Kenzie Smith said...

So glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!! I always say that carbs don't count on Thanksgiving :D