Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Resting

Oh hey! It's time again to talk about the weekend! 

Things were pretty busy in these parts with home things and baby shower things, but I was thrilled to get out and experience some nature on Saturday with an amazing hike. I set out bright and early with a friend who loves exploring and has recently taken up hiking with some serious passion. 

The destination was Angel's Rest which is just under 5 miles round trip (elevation 1,500 feet) and is about 30 minutes away from my doorstep. 

We'd had some rainy weather in Portland during the week, so it was a pleasant surprise to be blessed with such blue skies and not much competition out on the trails in the early morning. 

There's nothing like the feeling when you get to the top of a mountain. Physically and mentally you feel alive! Let these less than perfect iPhone photos give you just a hint at what I saw this weekend!

Then come to Portland and let me show you in person!











Amazing right? Is there anything where you live that's like this?

 photo Signature.png

25 comments

P!nky said...

Kicking is so bomb.com, I love it! We don't have anything as awesome as your hike near me, but we travel to find pretty places. I might be going hiking this weekend, whoop whoop!

Your pictures are fabulous lady!

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

Breath taking pictures. Glad the weather was nice for you on the weekend.

Jenn said...

I love a good hike, but definitely never have anything as scenic as this to look at (and motivate)! Super lucky girl :)

Lauren said...

So so pretty! Jealous that you have all that amazing scenery so close to you!

JMO said...

Gorgeous photos!!

MakeMeUpMia said...

So gorgeous!! No, Oklahoma has nothing like this haha.

Him & Me (But Mostly Me) said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm definitely coming for a visit!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

you know hiking is my jam and the fact that you get to see this gorgeous scenery is really amazing! i wish we lived near something like that :(

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kristen said...

gorgeous pictures! one day when I visit you'll have to take me hiking ;)

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

Gorgeous! Too hot to hike here right now, and not hear as pretty.

brooke lyn said...

member that one time we almost killed, mel? member that?!

Tami said...

I'm totally jealous that you live in a place where these views are available right in your backyard!

Rachel @ Love, Rachel said...

My friend's fiancé proposed up there! Isn't that cute!

Motormouth Macey said...

I need to get out and conquer this trail soon. It's been on my Gorge to do list and I haven't made time for it yet. I think this week may just work out for a morning hike!

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

Ahh I need to do that hike when the weather is nice/clear! I've done it when it's gloomy/rainy which is not a fun experience (can we talk slippery mossy mud/rocks and freezing cold whipping wind?!). Looks like you had a great time! If you guys go on another weekend hiking adventure I'd love to tag along :-)

Kenzie Smith said...

Count me in! That looks like an amazing hike!!

Brittney, Breaking Free said...

Wow that is breathtaking! I wish there was scenery around here like that!

Kasey Lynne said...

so beautiful! can't wait to do it with you one day :)

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Ummmmm absolutely gorgeous girl!

Brittany said...

Beautiful views!! If you ever get bored of Portland there's some pretty spectacular mountains to climb in BC!!!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

What an incredible view!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I'M ON MY WAY! But I'd rather check out YOU than the mountains... ;P

MacKensie said...

YUP. Come visit & I'll show you! JK, I'm homeless. Maybe if I don't hear back from any in-person jobs in the next week I'll say fuck apartment hunting and spend my money I would've spent on rent on a plane ticket/wining and dining you.

Kay R. said...

Gorgeous pics!!! Im hopping on a plane now haha. Hope you are well babes I too have been super busy so I totally feel ya!

Melissa Nicole said...

this looks so pretty but it's hell i tell you helllllll!!!

god im out of shape.