Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Things Making Me Happy Right Now

I'm going to have to fill the void with a weird post about the things that are making me happy right now because I'm anxiously waiting out some bigger news. I know, it's not fair to tease like that, but hang around because I promise it'll be good. 

:: Adulting so hard. I'm getting closer to telling you all - y'all? - some big news about how life in Memphis is about to change in a big way. For now, the big accomplishment has been sticking to a budget and using gift cards wherever possible for food and entertainment. And maybe coming to terms that his 33rd birthday and our first Valentine's day wouldn't be over the top like we wanted for each other, but still personal and romantic in an extremely us way. (read: ice cream and sneaky sentimentality)

:: The Amazon Echo we got for Christmas from my parents can stream my favorite Portland radio station and take me back to some of my favorite memories from my hometown upbringing. This includes perfectly mood-induced plays of RHCP's Under the Bridge and dramatic Foo Fighters smash-sessions. I incorporate my old friends into my morning get-ready routine.

:: 5% body weight lost since early December and it's staying off consistently through even the sneakiest holidays. Yes, Valentine's is a perfect time for a cheat-day. Yes, your boyfriend's birthday is a perfect time for a cheat-day. Yes, ah Friday. You're a great excuse too. I think my success is still credited to the If It Fits Your Macros way of life through its flexible dieting guidelines. There's still more that I need to master before sharing what this means exactly, but just take my word that protein is your friend and eating more isn't something to be scared of.

:: Daylight Saving Time begins March 13th! I'm a light in the evening type of girl and will welcome the loss of the hour with all my energy. More time to be outside, more time to enjoy the world and more daylight for my favorite new photography backdrops. It's just around the corner.

:: The return of the right-hand ring on Valentine's day. The promise ring you saw me flashing back in 2014 didn't touch my hand in 2015. The question on my guy's mind was, "Does a promise ring lose its value if the promise I made was broken?". Unfortunately, the answer was 'yes' and the reason it was taken off in the first place. So does fourteen months of preserving the ring in the original box next to the ring I gave him revive that value? As long as we live in the now. Not the past and not the future. now.

10 comments

Melissa Nicole said...

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 < 3

that is all.

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

can't wait to easy your news.

http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I'm anticipating this good news.........glad to hear things are going so well and you are happy right now!

Anonymous said...

Lots of thoughts but most of them are just easily summed up with this: "aww, yay!" So that'll be my comment. I know you know how much love is truly behind it ;) <3

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Oh man I definitely WILL miss the hour. Because sleep rules all.

Helene in Between said...

5% lost?! that's INCREDIBLE. seriously way to go. and i like your approach to life and cheat days :)

Kay R. said...

You guys are beyond beautiful! Thats all! :)

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

girl you GO with your 5%! that is awesome! and yay for your ring. i'm glad it's back. and yay for big adulty changes!

Nadine said...

Sooooooo does this mean you guys are getting a house?!?!?! Hehehe. Also, congrats on the 5%!!! That is amazing girl!!! I have been trying to reign back in my diet after splurging a little too much after Whole 30 ended. Oops. Life happens.

I am really interested in trying to research IIFYM again.I started a board on Pinterest for it last year and followed a Macros blog but I need to really figure out what my macros are and see if it is easier for me to maintain because eating clean 100% of the time isn't possible. I want to be able to enjoy a few cheats without them being "off the diet" you know?

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

yay for the 5%! keep up the great work!