Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday, Sunny Sunday

What a weekend in Portland!


The weather was beyond gorgeous, the days were long and eventful, the grill didn't disappoint and my skin is no longer white as white as it was last week. Seriously. When I run at night my legs alone act like reflective gear. I consider that money saved!


As some of you may know, I'm registered for the 2012 Portland Marathon on October 7th. I recognize that my commitment to run 100 miles a month puts me at a good base for the 16 week Runner's World training program that I'm following, but it may not be enough to prep for the duration and mental challenge a marathon brings.


After today's 11 mile run in high mid-morning temperatures I see that I'm going to have to start making some adjustments to the way that I normally approach my runs. With long mileage goals (10-22) set on Sundays, I will begin to explore new scenic routes, get to bed at a decent time on Saturdays, hydrate the heck out of my body, and maybe even step out the door a bit earlier to miss the heat that comes with the passing of the day. Overall I successfully and happily executed the run, made it home just in time to see Federer win his 7th Wimbledon Championship, scarfed almost half of a freshly sliced pineapple and took an excellent nap.


Other fun I had this weekend included:


The Amazing Spiderman @ Cinetopia with Dan



An #omnom Taco Salad


{w/ Grilled Chicken, Jalapeno refried beans, taco sauce, sprinkled cheddar cheese}



Clean Grocery Shopping



Dirty Dessert(!)



I remained healthy for the most part except for that last treat. I blame commercials... and not being used to 80 degree weather. I'm not sorry.


On an extra positive note, I earned 6,825 Nike Fuel Points equating to my best Sunday yet! On Fire is right!



<3 JE


No comments