Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Missing In Action January

Well hello and Happy New Year! 

Sure it's well past the middle of January but this is my first post of 2015 so I can still get away with well wishes for the new year. 

I want to start off the new year with a thank you to my loyal readers and anonymous peekers who've been poking around JumpingJE waiting patiently for me to publish something. For what? To give up my whereabouts, to see if I'm still in a relationship since I stopped Man-Crush-Monday'ing on instagram, to see what I got for Christmas gifts? I may never know why you've been checking in so much, but felt that showing up for unconventional confessions on Wednesday would be a pretty great way to break the ice.

Let's tell a story about my adventures. 

Christmas started off with a bang - and not the magical fireworks kind of bang, but more of the what-is-going-on-with-my-life-right-now-and-how-did-I-get-here kind. We're still sorting all of those feelings out, but it's safe to say that I (once again) was the center of attention on Christmas - even though it was my brother's first time home for Christmas in 5 years. Sorry family, thanks for understanding this drama-llama world. I don't understand it but I'm happy you do. 

The only thing missing from my Christmas story was the hallway selfie mirror I've really been wishing for. Nothing that a fun new pair of leggings can't fix - I even took them out for a spin for coffee with my sweetest lady, Marisa.  


Christmas passed and I had no decorations to take down, which was pretty amazing because in no time at all I was on a plane again. This time I was headed across the country for sixteen days of work, work and more work. 



You, my friends, had no early notice on this one and neither did I! I found out about this trip on Christmas Eve and had a heck of a time deciding what to pack for two weeks away in Memphis including New Years with the guy while also trying to make a pretty awesome impression at work. Yes - boyfriend is still around despite the absence of MCM'ing about him week-in and week-out. Don't take it personally, b! 

What did I pack? Something old, something new, something borrowed and something to work out in. Okay I may have brought a few things to work out in and none of them were touched a single time. Whoops. I did bring some cozy knits and a beautiful NYE dress though! 


You may want photo evidence of my adventures but there's nada. Zip zilch nada, not even an image worth sharing from my time away because I was in the office each day for 10-14 hours kicking butt and taking names. Well there may be one photo but that's not going on my blog - it was a picture of the worst bathroom stall I've ever almost used in my life - there was no spot for a toilet paper roll... huh?! To be fair it was a new building and a new stall, but really - how is the TP roll left out of the design sketches?

I made it back home with nothing to show but a pile of laundry and a bunch of clean workout clothes. My parents were amazing as always and fixed up my house with groceries, a made bed and fresh flowers. I really don't deserve it all but someday I'll pay it forward. 

Oh don't forget the part where I completely busted my iPhone and thank my impulsive self for getting the Apple Care because now I have a shiny brand new one! 

After all of that nonsense it was this that got me through the last 25 days. A simple print I'd read a thousand times but never really understood until I needed it. Thanks mom for always giving me wisdom even when it's not intentional. 



Peace and Love and Humpday with Melissa <3

Making Melissa

12 comments

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

glad you are doing well

P!nky said...

So glad you are back, I've missed you!

Sarah said...

Glad you are back :)))

Melissa Nicole said...

i swear to god my heart just swells with love for you more and more each day lady! i'm so proud of you kicking ass at work and balancing the man <3

Kenzie Smith said...

You blogged (and perhaps made my day)! ;D Love the leggings, what color are they? Glad you and the man are still together! I'll admit you did have me a tad worried with your lack of blogging and all. Glad to have you back!!

Brianna said...

Visiting from the linkup of Channing Tatum's face (I mean, come on!). I'm glad I'm not the only one that goes away or does something and then have no pictures to show for it. Sometimes, it just happens! Glad to see you're back at blogging!

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

My goodness lady! I complain when I have to leave for work for a week, I can't imagine being gone that long! But at least you probably scored some sweet hotel/airline points/miles :-)

Teh Megan said...

That is one of my most favorite quotes ever.

justmeng said...

Love you, Jessi Girl!

Nadine said...

Sounds like you have been busy while you were gone!

Kasey Lynne said...

So glad you're still alive and doing well! Happy to hear that you're kicking ass and taking names! :)

Kay R. said...

Missed you!! For a minute there I thought this post was gonna go a whole other way thank God it ended well :D