Monday, June 30, 2014

Learnings This Weekend

Okay, okay I'm back! 

Things have been a little busy in my world with work, meetings, playing and well.... summer.

The highlight of last week was taking the work day off on Monday and getting some awesome girl time with Marisa, a sweet girl I met through blogging who was my first "blind blate". We had coffee, got pedicures and talked about the serious importance of "mental health days". From there I only blogged last week for confessions and focused my energy toward work things.

I can't promise perfection but I can say I'll be better.

Here's some of the fun things I learned this weekend (which is really just a fun way of saying recap, right?)

:: Weekends are way better when I'm cat sitting this handsome guy





:: I can't eat my raspberries as quickly as they are coming in! I need a partner in crime!



:: The start of Orange is the New Black Season 2 is lackluster..... but you already knew that.
:: Sunday date with mom is awesome, but chocolate made it much better!

:: Bears are the best zoo animals, especially when one comes home with you.


:: But really, cat sitting is the best. Come back any time, Shady!



Are you linking up with Katie today?


 photo Signature.png

27 comments

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

my FIL's raspberries are trying to come in but the dang squirrls and bunnies or whatever keep eating them!! he's frustrated beyond belief LOL

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Jenn said...

I looooove raspberries! I need to grow some of them so I can have a constant supply :)

Lauren said...

You need a cat and I need a raspberry bush! YUM.

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

glad to hear things are going well for you.

Lexalicious said...

i will help you out with those raspberries. I know its a tough job, but someone's gotta do it

Sarah said...

the beginning might be lack luster, but OMG THE ending!!!!

I wanna go to the zoo now!

Kay R. said...

I really have to take in orange is the new black!!! Whose cat is it? He is soooo cute!!

MakeMeUpMia said...

Aw love him, so cute. And YES, chocolate makes everything even better ;)

Lora Ashley said...

KITTY! So cute!
Sometimes you just need a break. Enjoy it!

Kerry said...

Ah, I love fresh fruit. I used to have blackberries. I'd end up picking far more than I could eat though. It's worth the challenge.
I'm frustrated waiting for the next season of Orange is the New Black already. I'm a self-confessed binge-watcher.

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon said...

I love being your first "blind blate"! That was the best mental health day and I want one every week!! xo

Kasey Lynne said...

I wish I could be your partner in crime to eat those raspberries! They're my favorite.

Good for you for taking a mental health day. That's the Monday after this coming up holiday weekend and I can't wait.

Helene in Between said...

gimme dat chocolate!! can i tell you i have only cat sat once and it ended HORRIBLY. never again. I mean the cat didn't die but I almost did.

brooke lyn said...

i will take berries off your hands!

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

The concept of a cat is appealing to me, until I remember I am allergic. As for the zoo, love it. Love that you brought home a bear!

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

I'll eat your raspberries with you!!

Rachel @ Love, Rachel said...

prettttty sure our cats need to be friends!

JMO said...

I want to come pick raspberries with you! Glad you had a blogger date, love that! I need to find someone close haha Have a great day pretty lady!!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I want to grow a garden of raspberries! So great!

justmeng said...

Salted Caramel Chocolate ...Yum! I had a great time with you!

Nadine said...

But really, I just want to ome eat raspberries with you!

Amy said...

Cats and raspberries: sounds pretty darn good! :)

catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

Kristen said...

such a cute kitty! i will take some berries, thanks!

Jules @ If I had 100 Dollars said...

Love the cat!!! Cat sitting is the best

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I loooove raspberries! I'm on my way... have a box of them ready!

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

Love me some raspberries! I'd come eat them with you.

Katie Qué said...

OMG look at that beautiful babis.

Also you will note by my comments today that I have a lot of blog catch up to do. Don't you hate when work gets in the way of internetting?