Monday, June 24, 2013

Happy Birthday, Brother!

Matt, today is your 29th birthday and I suppose you need some attention, even though Luxembourg just had a national holiday to celebrate the occasion!


You've always been an influence in my life and I'll never stop looking up to you.



You've done everything you can to work hard, make a great example of yourself, challenge the process, encourage others to be great and to make life easier for yourself and the family you'll have someday.


I look up to you because you refuse to take 'no' for an answer. You have the courage to stand up for what you believe and you know that if you push hard enough you can produce results.


You understand that building strong relationships is one of the most important things you can do, and you're really good at it. I think it's because you're a loyal, confident, funny and witty person. More importantly you know that a BBQ always takes good friends and makes them great friends.



You understand the importance of balance in your life and you make the effort to take vacations, spend money on experiences and spend time with those who you love. Your ability to dream like a child at the age of 29 impresses me, and inspires me to live a more carefree life.



Other than your accomplishments in your career, you've done some pretty amazing things. Like a double major on an academic scholarship, going to grad school while working full time. Like travelling solo to Europe, just to explore, and later moving your entire life there just because you craved the adventure. You made it to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, rocking a mohawk. What's not amazing about that?



 I miss you every single day. I don't play pool as often as I should, ride the bike you bought me like I promised that I would or even take vacations like you encourage me to, but I still know that you're proud of me and that you're always just a phone call away. 


You have a 'special' lady who thinks you're pretty remarkable, so please take care of her and continue to show her the creative, intelligent, witty, carefree, spontaneous, games-and-prizes Matt you've always been and I know you always will be.



Happy Birthday, MattMan! I'm happy you turned out okay.




heart JE

4 comments

brooke lyn said...

happy birthday to the big bro!

Rachel Sedaker said...

Aw, how sweet! He sounds like a cool guy, and he's lucky to have a sister who appreciates him. :)

Bonnie said...

I love this post.

TED Tuesday: Reframing Will Change You | JUMPING JE said...

[…] No, I don’t have a master’s degree. No I’m not as successful as my brother. No, I’m not as entrepreneurial as my parents, blonde like my sisters or even as charming as […]