Thursday, April 10, 2014

How to Spend $10 at Dollar Tree

On Tuesday after work I went to the Dollar Tree (where everything is a dollar!) and gave myself only a $10 budget. My initial goal for the trip was to get a few dishwasher safe to-go containers for my morning protein shake since I always seem to take it out the door with me. But, just like Target - I can't go into a dollar tree without going up and down all of the aisles needing all of the things. 

Since I thought it would be pretty difficult for me to narrow down to only 10 items, I decided that you needed to come along and judge my purchases. Sounds like fun, right? 

You'll be thrilled to know that I didn't fall for any of the cheap easter candy or decorations. Usually the pastel cuteness gets to me. I almost bought decorative straws but put them back after reconsidering life choices. 




Okay starting off with the essentials for the kitchen!

1. You can never have too many massive wine glasses.
2. These bowls, I love them! I bought two!
3. What I originally came in for, I bought two! (ALSO, do you see the vino-2-go knock offs?)

Next we come to things to help me with workouts and meal planning!

4. This is a 80 page notebook where I'm going to chart meals + workouts over the next 80 days.
5. A sneakily cute chevron pattern for a killer sweaty Cards Workout from Babbling Brookelyn.
6. A girl can never have too much tupperware! (boring, sorry!)

7. I've been doing some night reading and liked the idea of an old fashioned reading light!
8. Spring / Summer call for Paleo Popsicles, right?
9. These are the BEST kind of hair ties on the planet! ...Just kidding, I didn't actually get those but they do still exist apparently!


And there you have it!

All of my fun new items and cheaper than if I were to buy one wine glass at a fancier store.


Think about where you'd like to take blog-land shopping and come up with your own "Come Shopping With Me" post! 


 photo Signature.png

27 comments

P!nky said...

Love me some holla for a dolla store!

The bowls are super cute and I can't wait to hear about your paleo Popsicles :)!

And a wine glass...LE DUH it's only a dollar!

Elle Sees said...

i could spend $50 easily. there are some good finds there!!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

whenever i do or need anything, the first 2 stores that i go to are dollarama and walmart! you can get SO MANY awesome things at the dollar store!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Tracey said...

Love this post! Such a fun idea to post this. I love all the stuff you got. Actually I thought #9 was real for a hot second and was like, OK we are no longer friends if you wear that hair tie...

Lauren said...

We have discussed my love of the dollar store previously... and I want some cute straws so I may need to go there this evening... I almost bought the knockoff vino to go but I am out of cabinet space. Such a bummer!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Dollar Tree is the best chain dollar store by FAR! There's a little independently owned dollar store by us that is the best one EVER though. They have SUCH cute stuff... even some Martha Stewart brand scrapbooking supplies!

BLovedBoston said...

You did a fab job!! I seriously like those water bottles - you cant totally stock up and not worry if you lose one!! I always buy wrapping paper there...it's just too good to pass up!

MakeMeUpMia said...

I love those bowls! Like, may have to run to ours today and see if they have them :) Great job!

Kait said...

those bowls are actually really cute!

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

The Dollar Store (Tree, whatever) is my friend. Anything I can buy for cheap is a win in my book. Now just as long as I don't walk next door to Target when leaving the Dollar Store...

Kristen said...

this is a fabulous post and a great idea -i wish i could only spend $10 at the dollar tree, my fave thing are their baskets! all the storage!

Chantel said...

IS THERE NO SALES TAX IN PORTLAND?!

Melissa Nicole said...

DOLLAR TREE IS MY FAVE! we have a similar store too called Dollarama and Anna and I bought all of our cutlery and kitchen supplies for the apartment from there ha

Alissa said...

DO YOU NOT HAVE SALES TAX? New York, man, they really know how to screw you.

SCRUNCHIES ARE NOT A *THING* and I don't understand why stores are selling them! American Apparel had them. Stop trying to make scrunchies happen, world.

Nadine said...

Girl! I saw your scrunchies and I was all wait a minute...are these coming back in to style?! Then I realized that you were JK'ing. Haha! I was going to be pissed that I purged all of mine a few years back when I realized they would never be ok again.

I think I need to make a trip to Dollar Tree! I haven't been in FOREVER.

Kasey Lynne said...

The Dollar Tree has some legit items. I'm glad there isn't one close to my house, or I'd be in trouble!

LOVE the jumbo wine glass. I have one in my cupboard right now :)

brooke lyn said...

ohhh! yes. do the deck of card workout.

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

I miss the dollar store. You got a lot of great store.

We used the blender bottles for a portion shakes.

lil desiqua said...

I love The Dollar Store! I'd say you got a lot of great purchases! Is it weird that I have even bought some grocery items there?

henning love said...

wow you got like legit stuff with that $10

Myra said...

Looks like I need to add Dollar Store of my places to visit when I get back home! It's so hard to find cheap-o shops like this here unless you're willing to go on a 25 minute drive :(

Anonymous said...

I love the Dollar Store - I mean, why pay $5-10 for an item I can purchase for a $1 and just be as great? I overspend in the dollar store too, mainly because I think I "need" that item and then tell myself, "Well... it's only a $1."

I have two flower pots that I purchased last year in hopes of "getting into gardening"... but that never happened.

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Ummmmm your dollar store is amazing! Mine you have to be careful not to get shanked out in the parking lot. Those bowls are so freaking cute. Oh and that's right no tax...I was like how did she spend 10 exactly! #priorconversation :-)

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

The dollar store closest to me is not that nice! I need to find an alternative even if it means a drive :)

Lora Ashley said...

I am going to have to go get some of those containers for protein shakes! I like to carry them, but I hate hand washing!

Thanks for sharing!

Kenzie Smith said...

I was just about to ask you how you got it to come out to $10 even, then I remember there isn't tax in Oregon ha ha. I would only be able to buy 9 items for $10 here, what a jip!

Rachel @ Love, Rachel said...

How did I MISS THIS POST. I am loving it.