Monday, May 19, 2014

Sleep is the New Party

Well hello there, Monday! 

If you want another dose of me today (ugh, I know) I'm guest posting over at Katherine's blog to wish her and Thomas a happy Honeymoon!

I feel like I could do an entire post on things I learned from binge-watching Season 1 of Orange is the New Black on Saturday. Great suggestion from those of you who recommended it. But really, how come Alex's hair always looks perfect while Piper's goes from greasy-chic to just washed - when they haven't shown a single hair dryer yet. I feel like there's some magic dry shampoo trick they haven't shared yet. 

But, there's so much more I learned this weekend that I might have to save that for the Season 2 premiere in June. 

Thank you for all of the half birthday wishes, I partied pretty hard Friday night. 

And by "party hard" I mean that I took a nap at 6pm and woke at midnight - still in my maxi dress and contacts. I laugh to call it a nap because 6 hours is more sleep than I get most weeknights these days - wanna see what some lucky guy is going to wake up next to someday?


Onto the wonderful things I learned!

:: No plans weekends are my favorite weekends.
:: Paying attention at work will relieve you from doing extra work on the weekend.
:: You shouldn't obsess over Google Analytics - the truth isn't in the data.
:: It's important to take advantage of good Saturday weather because Sunday it will always rain.
:: My friends can run and finish half marathons while I'm still in bed (ha- suckers!)
:: Gross days outside mean perfect days for local coffee shops inside.
:: Quad 20oz Americano (USA!), please.


:: Locking yourself down in a coffee shop to write for your two blogs is always a great idea.
:: Only a great idea though if your playlist doesn't make you emotional in public.
:: I hold a drink the same way now as I did back when I was 10 (jury is still out who's cutest)
:: My pinky finger is weird/fancy(?)






Get your link on with Katie today if you know what's good for your health!


 photo Signature.png

29 comments

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

our weather has been so crap here lately - if it's not raining, it's cold and windy. wtf, weather?! anyhow, i love do-nothing days; i had one yesterday and it was glorious. dropped kayla off at her grandparents and it was nothing but an afternoon of quiet and catching up on shows. when you have a kid, those days are RARE.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

I love weekend that aren't planned.

BLovedBoston said...

You're so funny - I totally agree that you should always take advantage of a beautiful Saturday - or rainy sunday doesn't matter!! Weekends with no plans are always the best! Way to buckle down and write for both blogs - it's a tough job that we don't get paid for but someones got to do it lol!

Lauren said...

I think Orange is the New Black will be on my list next... this weekend, I finally picked back up with Friday Night Lights which I abandoned for some unknown reason about a year ago. It's so good though! I think a coffee shop blogging day sounds awesome. I should get on that!

Kay R. said...

Sleep is golden and I got a lot of that done this weekend as well! Also that guy would be lucky because you havent seen a horrible wake up face yet ... aka me! lol

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

No plans weekends are my absolute FAVORITE kind of weekends!
Can't wait for the new season of OISTB!

Lexalicious said...

i had an expected weekend with no plans after my puppy arrival got delayed (tears) but it was actually pretty nice and two whole days of nothing was very rejuvenating!

Ms. Emmy N said...

Love Orange is the new black! My hubby and I binge watched it this off season! Sounds like you had a very enlightening weekend! Having no plans can be great!

Kristen said...

no plans weekends are the bomb! and shut up, any guy would be lucky to wake up next to that pretty face! and your pinky is so fancy haha.
i dont watch orange is the new black.. maybe i should!

Nadine said...

Orange is the New Black is on my list for shows to try out this summer. The list keeps growing, oops!

Weekends with no plans are sometimes my favorite. Not having anywhere to be and just doing what you want to do!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Love Orange is the New Black. I ended up reading the book because I wanted to know more. Can't wait for next season!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your morning hair - so pretty and wavy! Can I hole up with you in a coffee shop to write blog posts. Also - I drink an Americano almost everyday and I'm sad that no one has ever written USA on mine!!!

P!nky said...

I've never had an Americano and I want one now!

No plan weekends sound amazing...wish I had them coming up. hahaha!

brooke lyn said...

just another show i need to add to my list once i finish house of cards. (i know, i know) i just haven't been turning on the tv lately and it's actually quite nice. also Google Analytics, couldn't tell you the last time I actually looked at mine haha. whoopsies.

Amanda said...

I love Orange is the New Black. I definitely binged watched that show and am super excited for the new season in June. What's next on your list of things to watch?

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

bahahahahha girl I slept like so late on Sunday it was embarrassing....like I lost half of the day but it was so worth it. I'm pretty sure that is what I look like when I wake up too! Google analytics makes no sense but still doesn't stop me from looking at it!

Jenn said...

I also had the same wonderings about Alex and Piper. Also, after binge watching season 1, I had a lot of dreams about prison...very unsettling haha

justmeng said...

Nothing can be the new black. Period. I've heard it's a great show though. I'm glad you got some rest!

MacKensie said...

hehe just as adorable as you were back then.

Anonymous said...

No plan weekends are seriously the best!

Brittney, Breaking Free said...

OMG Im looking forward to a no plan weekend soon, its been far too long!

henning love said...

the truth aint in the data, hahah so true!! sounds like this should belong on a bumper sticker

Katie Elizabeth said...

No plans weekends are THE best! I'm looking forward to one this coming weekend - finally!! And good idea to hole up at a coffee shop and write.. I'm going to try that soon!

Tracey said...

Glad you took all our advice and binge watched Orange is the New Black...

Hey, I know you're super busy running 2 blogs, but do you want to guest post on my blog...I'm going on my honeymoon Monday :)

JMO said...

yessss: "My friends can run and finish half marathons while I'm still in bed (ha- suckers!)" haha glad you had a productive education filled weekend! xoxo

lil desiqua said...

How does one wake up with perfectly wavy hair and non-smudged eyeliner?! Teach me your ways! And that sounds like a perfect and relaxing weekend!

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

I'm totally with you on the sleeping thing! It's way better than going out sometimes.

Katie Qué said...

I have got to start watching that show!

On a slightly related note, I once fell asleep (drunk) with my contacts in and woke up the next day convinced I had gone blind... then I remembered about the contacts.

Unknown said...

The party was really very nice to see and looks very great.
Coffee shops Malleswaram Bangalore