Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Accountability Check

Well how did that happen?


We are 10 days into April and I can't help but notice that I've been slacking above and beyond with my Eight Great Goals.


One of the main reasons I love blogging is that I have the opportunity to share and speak my mind - and also that I have an outlet to get my goals, thoughts and passions down on paper out in the open via the world wide web. Since those thoughts and goals are out, how's about a little Accountability check?



Let's begin with the fitness goals:




  • There's only six more NTC classes I could make it to and my goal is to be at six. There's some serious pressure on me now to go when I'm able to go rather than try to fit a square peg into a round hole. Wish me luck.

  • This week was the time where I was supposed to knock out many of my morning runs, and have opted to go in early to work instead. While my mind feels great about the work I can accomplish in the dark morning hours before the morning rush comes in, I still crave those morning workouts and the way they leave me feeling afterward.

  • Dan and I have not gone for a walk after dinner yet - not even once. Weather isn't an excuse either because we both have wonderful jackets that support the pesky Portland rain.

  • I'm only at 23 miles for my 100 miles/month running goal - but that was achieved from only three days of running. I've got the energy and I've got the time!


On Food goals:




  • I've written down maybe three full days of what I've eaten, and not always immediately or thoughtfully for the purpose of learning. This changes today.

  • I'm at 3 (of 7) latte's consumed, once was free, one was with Dan in the morning and one was an evening surprise from Dan.


Feels like Spring goals:




  • I've been okay at having flowers in the home and at my desk. There's plenty out in the garden and apparently I'm supposed to expect a "surprise" delivery on Thursday! 

  • Landscaping at home will take place the first weekend day it's not 70% + chance of rain.


Dan goals:




  • After the Masters tournament this weekend I can bet you that Dan and I will be heading to the driving range to get my goal of hitting a ball 50 yards in the air out of the way. I'm going to shock him and accomplish it on my first try.

  • Still working out what I can get and do for my Daniel to make his golden birthday memorable. I want to make his day special!


Phew - that feels so much better to own up to my dirt and non-progress toward these goals. Us bloggers aren't perfect.

Thanks for listening - try this honest cleansing for yourself!

heart JE

No comments