Monday, April 29, 2013

Golden Weekend

I'm so rested from this weekend - come at me, May!


Despite some car troubles for me (Thank you Dan, Dad, Mom, Sisters!) and some additional car troubles for Dan (Thank you, Austin!) we had a pretty nice birthday weekend for Dan.


He had his golf tournament both days so we didn't hit the town or get wild, but it was everything you'd want a weekend to be.




  • I had some quality alone time with two 10 mile runs (20 total).

  • I enjoyed a massage with miracle worker Maggie

  • We relaxed with some NBA playoffs and enjoyed the beautiful sunlight coming through the windows and illuminating our home.


I even reacquianted with these friendly drinking fountains in the neighborhood: The Benson Bubbler



The biggest part of the weekend that I didn't like was being unable to drive to get the cake Dan really wanted for his birthday a sheet cake from Costco, so he had no cake at all.


Instead, here are the cakes from his last two birthdays we've spent together:



At least I learned!


He had all kinds of birthday love from friends and family on facebook and via phone calls - so overall he considered his special week day a success.


He especially loved the visits and gifts from the two little goldens that have stolen his heart:



heart JE

2 comments

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon said...

Oh my gosh that photo of the pups! Adorable. I don't love chocolate cake either- I hope you found some sweet treats to compensate!!

brooke lyn said...

hope dan the man had a great birthday!!