Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Five Things

Do you know why I adore Brooke?


1. Our friendship basically started over Pinterest-stalking each other
2. She's hilarious and one of the most down to earth people I know
3. Girl always tags me!


(Okay so there's many more reasons but that would be a post in itself)


Last week Brooke accepted her tag in the 5 Things post and she decided to sent it my way.


She promised this post was going to be easy so I'm going to give it a shot (from 30,000 feet) en route to Toronto for the week.



5 Things I'm Passionate About

Running

I've considered myself a runner since my Junior year in high school, but really kicked it up a notch the first year out of college when I no longer had a routine workout schedule. Since December of 2009 I've had a goal of running 100 (or more) miles per month and I've happily met and exceeded this goal. Running allows me to think, process, be accountable and push toward a fitness-happy goal.


Health


My health is very important to me and above all its important that those around me are healthy as well. As I think about the adult and mother I want to be, I have a fit, energetic, happy, relaxed and easy-going woman in mind.


Laughter


Laughing is my absolute favorite thing to do in this world. Dan captured me with his wit and sense of humor, I associate with hilarious individuals and have a deep appreciation for people who can make any situation laughable.


Being in Love


I'm so in love with my Daniel that it would be hard to not list him as something I'm passionate about. He makes my tail wag like a puppy.


Education


I have always been a sponge for new information. I soak it up. Three degrees in college and I'm still hungry for knowledge. I think that the more we know, the better informed we are to live our lives happily and courageously. While I don't know if I plan to continue down the road of higher education, I'm always game for getting better at my photography, understanding human psychology and getting to the bottom of the things that inspire me.


5 Things I Want to Do Before I Die


Get Married
Raise children with good hearts and good values
2 week (at least) international vacation with Dan (get your passport!)
See the Northern Lights
Retire young


5 Reads I Love


Blogs on Blogs on Blogs


I'm a serial blog addict. Once upon a time I unfollowed a ton of blogs to close my world, but over time I'm back up to (maybe 50) that I read on a daily basis and love it all. This counts as reading, yeah?


Hand Written Letters


I love mail that comes in the actual mail. My dear friend Tanna is great at sending me hand written letters and I'm thrilled every time I open the envelope to an adorable card and an update on how her beautiful family is doing. I need to pay this forward more often.


TED Talks


Ok I know this isn't reading, but its some of the most intellectual content I digest. Yes, I'd still love it in print format. What I love about the talks is that every person is an expert in their field and the topics are always fascinating, have information I didn't know before and almost always an idea that has never entered my brain.


Chelsea Handler


To get my giggle on I turn to my kindle on iPad for any silly excerpt from Chelsea. If you have a good sense of humor you know that anything from her is gold.


Guilty as Charged


Yes, I've read all 7 Harry Potter books, all 3 Hunger Games books and 2.5 of the Fifty Shades trilogy (not exactly sure why I never finished). I also have been known to geek out over Excel handbooks, leadership strategy books an supply chain efficiency cases. Go ahead make fun, I'm judging me too.



5 Places I Want to Travel (and haven't been to!)


Cancun
Brazil
New Zealand
South Africa
Canary Islands


5 Movies I'll Never Get Tired Of


Shawshank Redemption
Step Brothers
The Lion King
Forrest Gump
Sandlot


5 Tags!


I know it says to tag somebody, so I'm going to throw it to the following girls that I hope will read this post and join the party.


Rachel @ Tossing the Script
Tami @ Friday Morning Buzz
Anna @ A Dash of Quirky
Lauren @ Method to my Madness
Macey @ Macey Perseveres


Easy post I promise!


heart JE

6 comments

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon said...

Shawshank Redemption may also be my favorite movie!!

Lauren said...

Woo hoo, thanks for the tag (and making my Thursday post easy-peasy!) You and my husband both with Shawshank... though I admit that when he turns it on, I get sucked in too. And we sing Boats and Hoes all the time. Good taste! And no shame in my Harry Potter game.

brooke lyn said...

but no really, how did you never finish 50! ?

Back to Life – Back to Reality | JUMPING JE said...

[…] only reason you got Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday content was that I wrote those on my iPad on the red eye flight across the border. Which, if […]

Rachel Sedaker said...

Sandlot! Love that movie. Also, nothing wrong with having read all of Harry Potter and Hunger Games. Thank you for tagging me- that gives me some fodder for next week! :)

Macey Snelson said...

So sad I fell behind on my blogs and missed you tagging me on this! I'm working on mine now though and will post soon ;)

I just finished listening to "Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea" and just about died!