Monday, August 5, 2013

TED Tuesday: Secrets of Success

I promise you that the video below will be one of the quickest and pain-free TED Talks I'll ever put you through. If you're hungry for more, head to the archives.


Success - what does it mean to you?


When thinking about being successful, the formula seems almost impossible. First you have to be in the right place at the right time. You then have to be willing to put in the work, have a passion for what you're doing and be comfortable with the idea of being in the spotlight.


In my career I feel like I've been pretty successful. From pushing boundaries to making ideas a reality, my daily goal is to prove myself to those around me who may not know what I'm capable of doing.


That said, never have I felt more inadequate for the tasks and challenges in front of me than I feel today. What is expected of me on a daily basis is more than I know what to do with. It's clearly a lesson the universe is trying to teach me. In the words of a teammate at work, "If Jessi can make it through this, the sky is the limit for her career."


Success is for the gritty, the passionate, the persistent, the pushers, the dreamers, the outside of the box thinkers. Success is for me.


What I adore about the short TED Talk below is how simple success can be summarized by remarkable TED contributors who aren't strangers to what success looks like at its most fundamental level.


Before I leave you, I want to share my absolute favorite part from the video that happens at the 2:50 mark:


"PERSIST"


Persistence is the #1 reason for our success.


You have to persist through Failure and you have to persist through CRAP!


Criticism


Rejection


Assholes


Pressure


Yep! 4.5 Million Views and it can't be a hard 3 minutes of your life.


[ted id=70]


6 comments

Kayla Moothart said...

I once heard a talk about success and the book Green Eggs and Ham... the whole point was persistence!

brooke lyn said...

i want to be a workafrolic!

motormouthstudios said...

Once again, a great TED video. Love it.

Lauren said...

So excited to watch this later! Love the acronym!

Suzannah (@AdvDressmaking) said...

That was cool!
I've faced some challenges in my new job and realized I love them because I wouldn't learn new things otherwise. It feels scary to get instructions for something I don't understand, but I've figured it out so far!

Back to Life – Back to Reality | JUMPING JE said...

[…] only reason you got Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday content was that I wrote those on my iPad on the red eye flight across the border. […]