Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hurts So Good

Will you promise to not make fun of me for not wanting to move today after a beating from Brooke's Workout Wednesday circuit yesterday?

She shares a workout every Wednesday (clever alliteration, Brooke!) and this is the first one I've gone all out with and actually made a point to follow her sage advice. Did you know she is studying to be a Personal Trainer? Yeah - you should listen to her.

However, I did a few variations as she suggested:

10 Push Ups = 10 Squats holding two 5lb dumbells in front of me

15 Kettlebell Swings = I don't have a kettlebell so I used those same 5lb dumbells!

20 Alternating Reverse Lunges = I read this wrong and actually did 30, plus after each lunge I brought that back foot up to a front knee raise (for balance) followed by a shoulder press with 5lb dumbells in each hand.

This was after my favorite 20 minute treadmill workout, so I was happy to get both cardio and strength in yesterday.

This morning, however I was sore. I got out of bed and immediately grabbed my trusty foam roller and went to town.

If you don't have one already, I recommend investing in a Foam Roller and checking out some YouTube videos for what the heck you should do with it.

This short 4 minute video of a Foam Rolling Routine should really take 15-20 minutes - all of which I allotted for myself this morning.

Thanks as always for the workout, Brooke! #HurtsSoGood #HappySweating

3 comments

brooke lyn said...

get it lady!!!! also big fan of what you turned the lunges into. NTC would be proud too

kayla said...

I was reading that workout and thought that I would save it for this weekend... but I really plan to do it! I like the idea of squats!

Ashley said...

Sounds like a great workout! I need to try this one - thanks Brooke for sharing!