Monday, November 18, 2013

Year 26 - Let's Go

What a birthday weekend it was. I am always so surprised and feel so warm and fuzzy inside with all of the birthday love that I get from family, friends and even old college course group-mates that you never thought you'd hear from again.


Before I go on about my weekend.... Happy Birthday to my mom!!! Another year older and definitely another year wiser.


Now to the weekend - all kinds of low key adventures made my time over the past three days well-spent.


Of course a birthday wouldn't have been a birthday without a cool morning run - and happily with few distractions I did one of my quicker runs than I've done in a while. Dropping my goal to only 50 miles has proved to give me fresher legs each time I hit the pavement and a brighter outlook for 5 miles rather than 10-15!




What other things made up my birthday weekend? Let me share!

Saucebox Happy Hour with a fun group of fellow Portland ladies: LauraAshley BrookeJane and Rachel.

Coming home to an amazing surprise CLEAN job (THANKS MOM!) including new bedding.

A 90 minute massage with one of Portland's finest (Book today!)

Great dinner and time with parents at one of our SE favorites - Hopworks

Getting to see what all the hype is about Uptown Market with Brooke and Brad

Awesomely stayed in bed till 1:30pm on Sunday (missed spin class and early run plans - oh well!)

Went to Costco to get THIS GUY (strapped in for safety) You can get one too for under $30 while supplies last!



Week's Meat and vegetable prep, with an amazing taco salad for dinner


And... went to bed at a decent time Sunday night to get myself in the right mindset for another long week ahead.


I can't thank you enough for all of the birthday love and I'm hoping this year will be as good as everyone wishes it'll go!

5 comments

brooke lyn said...

god i want the panda! also - new bedding?! like a new duvet cover?!

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon said...

Sounds like a wonderful bday weekend- just in time to rest up for the upcoming Thanksgiving holidays :) Love that taco salad- great prep idea- and hope to see you in two weeks in pdx! If Sunday still works, I would love to get a cup of coffee (unless you'd prefer to sleep late again... haha no judgement after turkey day).

Kayla said...

I love it when your birthday weekend is just what you need! Happy Belated Birthday!

Laura said...

Sounds like a killer weekend. It was nice to meet you at Saucebox!

Ashley said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! It was so great meeting you even though we didn't get to chat too much. And that panda! Totally worth it.