Thursday, May 30, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Meeting the Parents

I can't believe that it happened so quickly, but it's May 30th and in two days I get to finally meet Dan's family.


Dan's already been in Chicago for a week and has been doing everything from meals with family members to golfing daily with friends (big surprise!). Originally the master scheme was to leave Portland together over Memorial Day weekend and get the grand tour, but the timing wasn't in my favor with the end of our fiscal year this week. The trip to Chicago is postponed and rather I head to Bowling Green, Kentucky tomorrow - the location of Dan's little sister's wedding.


Yikes - meeting the family at a wedding! I know, I'm a little nervous too! 


I joke, I'm probably not as nervous as the normal girlfriend should be for the occasion. I've had the pleasure of loyal readership and email correspondence with Dan's mom, while I've overheard the jovial voice of Dan's dad when they're on the phone together bantering about everything sports, cars, motorcycles and action movies. 


It's a little crazy for me to think of all the time Dan's spent with my family and how often I've had to sit back and read mom and dad's facial expressions depending on what was coming out of Dan's mouth. Remember the flower incident, Dan? Now it will be fun to witness him with that feeling. He will have to make sure that I'm keeping in line, not doing my infamous nervous jabber and most importantly that I don't drink too much and take over the microphone at the reception in front of the guests. Kidding, but seriously.


An extremely rewarding part about the trip will be leaving work in the middle of the day tomorrow to catch my flight - the perfect way to wrap up the past three months of the most demanding and exhilarating work of my life.


Today's Throwback Thursday is brought to you by a girl who knew the importance of packing light, dressing for the destination and posing with confidence:




See you soon, baby!

heart JE

5 comments

brooke lyn said...

get your free style on!!!!!!

mdott922 said...

What an adorable picture! Have fun meeting the 'rents!

Jenni said...

Heheehe... such a cute and spunky girl you were! Good luck meeting the parents... I hope you have a great time!

Bonnie said...

You'll have fun! Good luck and enjoy a weekend break. :)

Wedding Weekend | JUMPING JE said...

[…] talk about how my weekend was where I finally got to Meet the Parents and a few other special members of Dan’s […]