Friday, May 17, 2013

Wrap n' Roll

Wrapping up the week and rolling straight into the weekend, that's the name of the game! This week has flown by and I've also felt incredibly productive both at work and at home. I was able to run 4 weekdays (including this morning...which was a really early alarm for everyone), got a great amount of work done and was even able to sneak in a pedicure, a movie and some time with my Mr. Dan.


First of all, the half birthday celebrations yesterday were more than expected as always and I feel pampered, loved and fulfilled.


The day started out with Dan chauffeuring me into work in the rental mini-van, then returning to deliver me a extra big latte with extra big results, followed by a facebook frenzy of well wishes by friends, family and the sweet little sisters below - who are experts at photo editing #amIright?




The next wonderful thing that happened to me was this 'omg!' inducing lunch complete with meal-prepped grilled chicken, lettuce, 1/2 avocado and S.R.I.R.A.C.H.A. Dan was in charge of the sriracha 'drenching' on this one and sad to say it just didn't kick enough. Therefore, tomorrow's container leaves the chicken unrecognizable to the naked eye. #morespiceplz



At the end of the day after I had to put out a few tiny little fires at the workplace, Dan swooped me up and took US to get pedicures together in Beaverton. He loves taking me to get pedicures and he's the happiest guy I've ever seen sitting back in the massage chair, people touching his weary hairy feet and even a little nail polish. He may not be as appreciative of me getting photo evidence for the blog, but I think he and his clear-painted nails will get over it!



To wrap up the evening, this handsome guy whisked me away in our weekend rented mini van and we headed to Cinetopia for dinner and Great Gatsby. I was thrilled beyond belief as I saw a dear childhood friend of mine enter the theater just after me, and it was a great to giggle, chat and make 'let's see each other soon' plans with one another. In the meantime I'll work on finding old photos of our younger years for a Throwback Thursday, Gretchen!



When we returned home late, I was surprised to find that my parents had dropped off a chocolate cake, fresh raspberries, a gift card to our favorite java spot and a beautiful flower in a vase picked straight from the garden - all for the special day!


I have the greatest family, friends and boyfriend I could ever ask for. It's easy for my mind to be happy when there's so much positive energy flowing through my beautiful life.


This weekend I have a lot of solid blog (this one) and educational reading/viewing to dive into (like this!) - many peaceful running miles while Dan's off being important, and a whole amazing world around me to take in, one breath at a time!


heart JE

1 comment

brooke lyn said...

oh you fancy, huh?!