Friday, December 13, 2013

All Over the Place

Today's post might be a little scattered seeing that I'm so happy the weekend is here. at last. 

First Point.
I have a confession to make. I haven't gone for a run the entire month of December. First reason is because the temperature has been in the teen's to high 20's for a few weeks here in Portland. You know that I'm no stranger to running in the rain - but running when my feet will freeze off?? Uh no thanks! 


When I was out on the road for the quick 4 miles on my usual route I realized how much I missed the meditation run provides to a wandering mind. For me, it's not just the cardio for the body, it's the therapy for the mind! 

The second reason I've only done 4 miles this month is that I've been strength training instead! After my run I grabbed some weights and did a squat-press, push-up, ab circuit then stood in front of the mirror [flexin'] amazed at how I'm starting to see definition and tone. Moral of the story? More weights, less running (but still running!)

Second Point.


The next topic today is how I've had a disastrous week of trying to wake up. I don't know what's going on, but I'm somewhat convinced that the alarms aren't really going off. I do hear the first one then hit snooze - but the other 14 I sleep right through I have zero explanation for. When I wake up finally 15 minutes after my "Last chance safety net" alarm was supposed to go off, I shoot up out of bed and try to make something out of my dirty hair. Thank goodness the 5-minute makeup challenge that I call "shit to chic" is perfected. 

Maybe this article on 11 surefire ways to get my azz outta bed will help a sister out. 

Third Point. 
Taking my macros for a spin this week was simply amazing. I've never felt more productive and the reactions from my co-workers on how much time was saved was a validation of my hard work. Every 'standardized' thing that my job requires of me is not completed with the click of a button. Can we get a round of applause?


Fourth Point.
I'm a huge advocate of treating yourself to massage therapy, mani/pedi's and spa experiences. Yesterday I scheduled my first 90 minute float session at the Float Shoppe here in Portland and will be going to visit next week. I can't wait to tell you all about it!

All random posts like this one should end with a pensive sloth.

Stay cool this weekend, you. 




5 comments

brooke lyn said...

light all of the weights. throw them around

Melissa Nicole said...

i want a sloth. i want a sloth so hard.

MacKensie said...

WHAT IS THIS FLOAT BUSINESS!? Can we do this when I come visit? PLEASE?

Minjoo said...

HAHA I totally relate to your post about being all over the place. I haven't been working out much and having the motivation to wake up is THE hardest right now..

Madebyfirenze.blogspot.com

Kasey Lynne said...

sloths freak me out.