Friday, December 6, 2013

Cringe at the Thought

Boo - hiss - scratch. Meah.  What a buzzkill to a snowy Friday.

Today at noon I am scheduled for a long overdue dentist appointment.


It's not that I hate the dentist that much. I just have a strange feeling that they're going to keep me around to numb up my face and stick a saliva vacuum in my mouth while they're hard at work. If I didn't have this appointment I would have stayed home from work today as the snow accumulates in Portland - super buzzkill. 

You see, with all of the cold weather lately I've noticed a problem tooth that about a year ago was almost a candidate for a root canal. It's been so sensitive to the cold that I've even taken a pause from running (in the 19 to 32 degree weather) because the wind sends shooting pains through my skull. It's also not a good friend to me when I go for midnight ice cream hunts but that was another day's story.

I sadly have to cram this appointment in today because I go off of my parents insurance plan in 10 short days and need that premium coverage while I can get it!

I wish I could say that I'm overreacting, but this isn't the first of my tooth problems. My mouth is literally full of metal from all of the fillings I've had over the years. You could probably get a tan from the sun's reflection off my shiny metal mouth. I blame my tooth troubles on my self-inflicted malnourished adolescence.

If I could go back 10 years I'd tell myself that my body will take care of me if I take care of it. Even the best brush and floss job in the world won't save me now. 

Hey, so who's in on a $10 bet that I'll drive home and Snapchat everyone my chipmunk cheeks? That is - if I can drive home. Hey Brooke, can I crash at your place if it snows too hard? kidding, kind of


Wish me all the luck! And please come over and make me a protein shake this weekend? 


6 comments

Anonymous said...

Haha aww the dentist is never any fun. Hope it goes ok and is as painless as can be!

brooke lyn said...

YUM YES! COME HANG OUT AFTER THE DENTIST. I won't make fun of your cheeks... that much ;)

Melissa Nicole said...

i 100% despise the dentist so i wish you all the luck in the world.

Kait said...

sorry charlie, that's the worst! hoping for the best :( I had 3 cavities filled a couple months ago, feel your pain.

Rachel Sedaker said...

Oh no, that sounds like trouble. But, better to have that trouble tooth taken care of- it will feel better after, and won't it be nice to enjoy ice cream (and running in the cold) again?

Anna said...

I feel for ya girl!! No matter how well I take care of my teeth, it seems I always have a new problem whenever I visit the dentist.