Thursday, December 12, 2013

Scramble in Seven

If you know me, you understand that I'm a weekend food prep fanatic. A weekend without food prep is a weekend done wrong in my opinion. 

Prep cuts out all of the guess work and leaves me with healthy grab-and-go options that are perfect for my often busy lifestyle. Just add meat, veggies, sriracha and tupperware and you've got a complete arsenal of what you need to get you great nutrition throughout the week. 

But sometimes, just sometimes, you do the weekend wrong and you actually have to cook during the week. 


Life happens.

This is not a post to talk about how much we fail at life sometimes or how I'm not judging you for not doing weekend meal prep. This is an example of a quick and nimble 7 minute meal that's fresh, healthy and only uses three paleo-approved ingredients. 

The only other things you'll need are a skillet and an appetite for this:


Jessi, I thought you said only three ingredients and seven minutes? Looks like you chopped veggies for days? 

Nope, let me in on my little Trader Joe's secret:

Insert my new favorite Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix. 

This pound of carrots, cabbage, broccoli, pepper, celery, etc is only $2.99 and will rock your world with how versatile it can be used. 

All you have to do to make the serving I showed above is to throw the following into a skillet until the sausage link is hot and the eggs are cooked to your liking. I prefer scrambled, but to each their own.


- 1 cup veggie mix
- 1 chicken sausage link (cut into pieces)
- 2 eggs

More people? Double or triple the serving!

Post-photo I added some sriracha sauce. Make this dish your own by adding spices, cheeses and anything else you think would make the perfect combination into the mix.

If you can't meal prep on weekends, at least you can have quick meals in your arsenal that are healthy and delicious too!

Let me know what you think!

4 comments

Marisa said...

This looks SO tasty, Jessi. I am seriously going to dream about this until we get Trader Joe's here. I don't really like other chicken sausages, but the Trader Joe's ones are always tasty! Maybe some sauteed veggies with eggs are in my future.

brooke lyn said...

why are you so smart!

MacKensie said...

Nom nom nommm I need that trader joes chopped veggie bowl in my life!!!

Helene in Between said...

well this is just genius and a half.