Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Get Busy Livin'

May I start by congratulating my amazing parents on 30 years of marriage?! Yes I can, it's my blog

These crazy kids are still in love the way that they were when they were married in 1984. Mom sent me this photo on Monday night and boasted "he still looks at me like that". Of course my initial reaction was Yuck, mom! but then I stopped for a second and thought yes, he does. 


That priceless look of love is what I hope for in my life and have 110% confidence that I'm going to have it. I won't settle for less after the example they've set for me. 

They've whisked away to Mexico for the week with swim suits and flip flops and hope to see Red and Andy out on the sands of the Zihuatanejo beaches. If you don't know that reference or the following one, you need to "get busy livin".


Of course while they do this, I'm keeping it easy at the house watching their golden retrievers. These girls are all kinds of playful when I visit, but all they did my first day with them was snoozed on the bed with me while I pulled a 6am-4pm shift.

I love the sleepy snuggles with these girls and will have a great week!


6 comments

Anonymous said...

You are referencing my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE MOVIE. That makes me so happy. I guess I need to see it again this weekend. Take good care of those golden ladies! Wish I could come over for a puppy playdate.

Whitney Alison said...

I'm waiting patiently for a guy I can look at like that :) And who looks at me the same way. and yay for puppy cuddles :)

brooke lyn said...

but for reals any time that movie is on i have to watch it.

Melissa Nicole said...

uh your parents are adorable! my parents are hitting 33 years of marriage this spring and they're disgustingly in love with each other still lol.

Rachel Sedaker said...

My dad still looks at my mom that way after 38 years, and I love seeing my brother look at his wife that way. We all deserve to be looked at that way, and there is no use settling for any less.

Lauren said...

Yay Shawshank! There is nothing better than the looks exchanged in wedding pics!