Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Can't Wait for Summer Confessions

It's Wednesday and you know what that means! 

Here we link up with Kathy (and Ryan) and we get to share all of our filthy, dirty confessions.  This is still happening today, but we have a special twist in the fact that Helene and Taylor are also hosting a one time link-up for why we can't wait for summer. 

Confessions and Summer go hand-in-hand, don't they?

Let's not waste any time and get straight into my little confessions about my plans for this summer! 

+ Sleeveless

For as long as I can remember I've dreaded the idea of summer. The thought of not being able to cover my arms with a jacket or cover my legs with pants has always given me anxiety. After the hard work I've put in this year, I feel different than ever before and am no longer afraid.

Out of habit yesterday while I was driving I turned on the A/C when I got warm in traffic. When I finally realized that I didn't need to be wearing my blazer and that I wasn't reeling with anxiety over strangers in traffic seeing wobbly arms, I had to capture the moment of pride with a selfie. 

 photo arms-1.jpg
+ Hair

I'm thinking about cheating on my hair stylist but only because I'm ultra jealous of Brooke's new haircut. If she's going to be done talking about it on her blog, I'm going to start talking about it. I don't think my stylist is incapable of doing something so beautiful, but I'm impressed how great her long bob/color turned out.

I'm not planning to copy her because I love my length, but I'm thinking a tastefully untrashy ombre (is this a good idea, help?)


+ Summer Fridays

At my work in the summer, we're allowed to "fit 40 hours in" before noon on Friday, and get to check out for the weekend. This is a blissful exit from the office to either head down to the coast, go meet friends who don't work the typical corporate schedule OR my favorite; go home and do nothing. 

These 40 hours aren't really "counted" and it's also a crime to believe that I don't already work 40 hours by noon on Friday every week regardless of the incentive. But, bears will be bears. 

















+ Living Vicariously

I don't plan to spend much money on travel this summer after the travel I did (for a boy, ugh) during the winter. What's my ultimate plan? To live deviously and vicariously through all of you beautiful people.

Going to Hawaii? Awesome, take some photos on the beach! All inclusive Caribbean resort? Make that two coconut drinks with bright umbrellas! I hope to make at least one trip but please, keep the tan legged selfies coming. It makes me feel like I'm there on that boat with my flippie-floppies.

Is it okay if I sneak in one quick thing I'm not looking forward to? yes, because its my blog. 

+ Humidity

Thankfully here in the Pacific Northwest there's not a ton of humidity to go around like you poor ladies in other parts of the country, but I still feel it. 

Actually, I don't feel it - my hair does. I can't imagine living in a place where everyday would be the horror that is this gif. Especially if I go un-trashy ombre like I mentioned above. 

This was fun, can't wait for summer and can't wait to hop around and find some new blogs today!

Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) by Lana Del Rey on Grooveshark

Helene In Between


25 comments

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

man, i am DYING for summer already.
as for the hair, i wish i could be more help but i'm as oblivious as you are! i just go to my stylist: what should i do? and she tells me what i should do and i do it. i also got my hair did and i was thinking of bangs and when i asked her, she said no so it was a no. if you trust your stylist, they'll be able to tell you what would work and what wouldn't.

thanks for linking up!

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Kallie @ But First, Coffee said...

Omg humidity. Stop lol! I'm actually traveling this spring and this fall but not this summer so I will also love vicariously through people. And I loveeee the ombré. I'm obsessed with those colors you showed - that brown is amazingggg.

Kait said...

dude def try ombre, it's so fun! jealous of your flex 40 summer work schedule :)

Lauren said...

I wish my job did the fit 40 in thing... that sounds amazing! Also I refuse to believe you have ever had jiggly arms...

Helene in Between said...

haha you are awesome. I love how you linked up with both. and good for you about feeling confident- that's HUGE. and awesome. i think you could rock any hair style I like the ombre look on brunettes. SUMMER HOURS?! jealous.

jessica said...

OK, the humidity blows. One of the things my curly hair hates about the midwest! And I have been so torn on the ombre, some girls look so cute, but I feel I would fall under the "uhhh that girl needs her roots touched up bad" category. And I'm my fit journey will make me more comfortable this summer as well!

Alex[andra] said...

You look gorgeous in that selfie!

Ombres are one of those things that should only be done with a stylist you trust!

Jealous of your Summer Fridays! I wish we had something like that in my office!

BLovedBoston said...

Right there with you on not even being able to contain my excitement for summer!! I'm so jealous of your summer Friday's!!! That would be the best and a great excuse for a long weekend...I'm sure you'll have plenty of beach time!!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Humidity in Florida....learning how to deal with that is definitely an art form. I have learned to embrace the larger the hair the closer to heaven mentality lol.

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon said...

I think you would look awesome with that untrashy ombre! Get it girl!

Brianne said...

I love the hair! You should go for it!

Jordan said...

I wish we had summer fridays! That is not a thing down in the south :( The ONLY thing I'm not looking forward to is the humidity, but other than that, I am ready for summer right now!

Melissa Nicole said...

that hair would look so good on your head. just sayin'.

also your one trip should be to winnipeg ahem...

Tracey said...

That hair style would look awesome on you. I can't wait until after my wedding. I am so chopping my hair off and changing it up!

Oh and humidity is my worst enemy. You're lucky you don't have to deal with it much.

brooke lyn said...

Go see Emmanuel!!! also, let's stay in portland and not spend money this summer. we can go to my grandma's pool and pretend like it's tropical!

Monica L said...

I love heat & humidity, its my hair that is not a fan at all. I can't wait for the summer weather to get here! I work 8-1 for the summer school and then am off for 6 weeks. Pretty much means I will be at the beach 3-4 times a week!

MacKensie said...

COME VISIT ME. Also, don't do the ombre UNLESS you've seen evidence that the stylist has, in fact, done it successfully before. Trust me on this one.

Rachel said...

SO jealous that you get to do that at work!! My sister can do something similar, but she's allowed to get 40 in before Friday, so she works 4 day weeks all summer!

Lisa said...

Hey Jessi! Yes! Humidity is such a buzz kill. Honestly this is something I deal with all year round, so I literally slap my hair in a pony or bun and call it a day. I'm am super envious of anyone who can actually pull off a style, lol!
#Girlproblems! P.S your hair is gorgeous! :) xoxoxo

Lisa

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Sometimes my roots are so bad it is like ombre? Not a good look for me!

Kasey Lynne said...

DO THE HAIR THING!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Haha I have a hair appt for next week and I've also been considering going ombre! The untrashy ombre of course. If you do it, I'll do it?!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Humidity is pure evil!!!!! I sweat easily, too... so my hair gets all bushy and my makeup all drippy... not a good look! Hahah!

Christina said...

I need Summer to hurry up. Except for the humidity part. It does obnoxious things to my naturally wavy hair. I would love a job with half day fridays! My first job out of college was like that and I always zoomed to the beach right at 12!

lisacng said...

Enjoy the sleeveless weather, girl, and be proud!