Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Humpday Confessions #5

There really is no better day than Wednesday in blog land.

Here in Portland it's starting to rain and I know I won't want to get out of bed. I'm pretty sure that when I realize it's Christmas morning Wednesday I'll turn off the four alarms that will be blaring from all around my room, make a protein breakfast smoothie and cozy up to my laptop to jump into as many confessions posts as I possibly can before having to actually shower and get to work.

I guess that brings me to my first confession - showering. 

+ I think I've been exaggerated to my whole life, but legend has it that when I was younger I would refuse to take a shower. So on a week like this where we've got spring break, I'd go outside, play in the yard all day, sit in a tree eating leaves story for another day and somehow get away with not bathing for days. At least I wasn't this kid (hey he's from Portland, remember?)


+ Monday night I was browsing the internet when all of my power shut off. Apparently a tree knocked out a line and the entire neighborhood lost power, but all I could think was that it was a personal attack, that a robber/rapist was coming for me. Like usual, first instinct in a panic situation is to reach out to my mom. I laid in bed listening for every indication of a robber outside but you'll be happy I didn't pack up and go running home. However, I did sleep fully clothed in case I would have had to leave quickly.



+ I was carrying around a cup of water at work and had to run into the restroom quickly before a meeting. I realized I was standing there holding an open-top cup of water in the vicinity of toilets and set the cup down on the counter (disgusted), did my business, and left it there. Something about fecal matter in the air didn't make the water seem all that desirable anymore.

+ I don't want to admit this one. Last night I got home at 5pm from work and what did I do? I immediately took off pants (that part is normal) and I took a nap until 8pm. I either needed to catch up on the sleep I missed from the power outage or maybe dance class was really that strenuous. Either way, a win in my book because then I turned to House of Cards and a night with glasses on. Hush.



+ And finally, speaking of sleeping - whenever I see people yawn I instinctively want to put my finger in their mouth. Just because it's funny. It doesn't help that the majority of yawns I see are at work and I don't think the co-worker relationship can go there yet... or ever.

This is what I mean if you're wondering. 

















And that concludes my favorite day of all the blogging days.

Can't wait to hop around today and hear all of your confessions!


 photo Signature.png

28 comments

Kait said...

i kept yawning at hot yoga last night - it was weird, i don't know why bc i wasn't even tired. i'm pretty sure i may have offended my instructor.

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I do that to Mark all the time when he yawns....and then he stares at me and tells me I'm not normal. Clearly he doesn't get how we find that hilarious ;-) Naps are the most amazing thing in the world. I'm not going to lie if I tried to fall asleep at 5 I probably wouldn't wake up till the next morning...I run on fumes during the week. Your gifs were freaking perfect btw. Oh and power going off....I would have put a bat next to my bed....yah know just in case. xoxo

BLovedBoston said...

Oh yawning - it's such a weird thing to do...what bothers me is the people that over exaggerate their yawns and make it all loud - like we got it...you're tired!! I used to be really big into baths when I was a kid and hated showers...now I can't even tell you the last time I took a bath lol (dont worry I shower on the reg!) Happy Wednesday!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i immediately do that too - take my pants off when i get home and change into my jammies. there are times i have to get kayla because my husband can't so i trudge to her school in my pjs. don't even care either.

thanks for linking up!

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Tracey said...

Taking my pants off after work is the best part about having a job.

Naps are amazing but I always feel more tired after a nap....if that makes any sense.

Also, now I must go watch that turtle video. It gets me every time.

Alex[andra] said...

I can't physically go a day without showering. In the summer, I usually shower twice. I'm weird. I know.

Ugh, food and drinks in the washroom is a HUGE no no. Glad you left your glass sitting there. Yuck.

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Oh my gosh! I totally hated showering as a kid, too and I was JUST thinking about it yesterday! bahahahahah
"fecal" hehehehehe

Alissa said...

Whenever I hear a noise at night, I mute the TV and live in fear for the next 5-7 minutes. Half the time, it's one of my cats in the other room, but you never know!

Nothing wrong - I repeat - nothing wrong with a post-work nap. They are my favorite!

Lauren said...

I am the same way with potty cups! We have a shelf thing in the bathroom at work near the sinks and I am like NOPE cups don't go here, too close to the germs. Ewww. Also the fact that you read blogs at home before work is amazing. I like sleep too much!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I love baths and showers but I HATE drying my hair. So it just ruins it for me.

lil desiqua said...

You can't go outside if there's a rapist/robber lurking!! Haha, all my power went out during one of the snowstorms this winter. But luckily one of my close friends lives across the street so I called her to see if hers when out too (it had) and then we went to the liquor store, got some supplies, and had a snow day party!

Melissa Nicole said...

LOL omg i totally approve of your robber mentality. paranoid buds for the win.

Lynsey @ Eternally Wanderlyn said...

Haha! I do that to my boyfriend and my dogs when they yawn.

Kenzie Smith said...

I was the same way as a kid! It was like pulling teeth to get me to take a bath. I still hate it. I'll shower, but I hate taking baths. Then again I only shower a few times a week. Whoops!
Is it bad that I laughed out loud about the power outage incident?
John is always trying to stick his finger in my mouth when I yawn! It makes me want to punch him in the throat for ruining my yawn. I feel so unaccomplished when he does that.
Your confessions are hilarious, I love them!

brooke lyn said...

did you sleep with a HUGE kitchen knife next to your head the whole night like Melissa did?

Brittany said...

Whenever I'm alone and I hear a noise in the house I immediately go into survival mode. I start looking for hiding places and sharp objects... I think I watch too many crime dramas

Good plan with leaving the water there... open top cups are especially a no no

Stevie said...

i'm with you! when i'm alone in the house i do the same thing. i start roleplaying in my head just in case i need to go into attack mode!

Brianne said...

Haha these gifs are the best. Seriously what did we all do before them? My friends & I used to watch the "I like turtles" kid all the time. It was one of our go to Youtube videos when we needed a laugh.

Rachel Sedaker said...

Confession: I stick my finger in my dog's mouth when she yawns. I have no idea why.

Helene in Between said...

hold on, that i like turtles kid is my favorite ever. like EVER>

Kasey Lynne said...

EWWWW. Let me just say that I would KILL you if you ever put something like that in my mouth. We would no longer be friends...well, I take that back. I might shun you for like 5 minutes.

And I'm glad you threw that water cup away.

Katie Elizabeth said...

I'm glad I'm not the only paranoid person while I'm at home! Whenever I'm home alone, the place scares the crap otu of me. So funny that you slept in your clothes!

Myra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Myra said...

I would just like to say that I do exactly what you do in situations when power goes out. I'm telling you, one day, being fully dressed in bed is going to be a good thing when zombies attack or whatever and I look all fabulous jumping out of bed and running away from them.

Also, the yawning thing. Now that you've said it, I'm going to mentally be sticking my finger in people's mouths and laughing to myself and no one will understand why. I love it!

<3

MacKensie said...

Every dude friend I've ever had has gotten fingered in the mouth hole for every yawn ever. This is why we're friends.

Jordan said...

The finger in the mouth while yawning is a serious competition between Dereck and me. He remembers more often though! I hate showering too. It's weird, I hate having to get in but once I'm in there, I don't want to come out! Ugh. I wish I could just snap my fingers and be all clean everywhere.

lisacng said...

You mean people don't try to conceal their yawns at work?? Haha. I know I do. Don't want no finger in my mouth :P.

Unknown said...

Oh my god… the cup in the bathroom. I hate that akward situation….. I have walked all the way back to my classroom and bribed coworkers to drop off my cup in my classroom for me to avoid it. EEEEEW