Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Weekend

Boy am I stuffed from the Super Bowl and a super weekend. I mean look at this breakfast!


Dan and I invited a few friends over to watch the big game and show them what we'd done with the place. We were quite happy with an intimate group of only four so that we could make sure everyone was comfortable, had enough food and that there were plenty of Otto's leftovers wouldn't overwhelm Tiger in his first week home with us.


Brooke was solo for the weekend with Brad on special assignment in New Orleans, so we were happy to adopt her. We were also thrilled that she brought the most wonderful fresh veggie salsa to share with us. I must have that recipe and I'd recommend you follow her now because I assume she will be sharing it soon. Corn, avocado, black beans, peppers, tomatoes...drool. The perfect mix that you can make in big batches and keep fresh for an entire week and never get sick of it.


We wanted SF to win, but overall we were happy about the mid-game comeback that had us on the edge of our seats for the second half. The puppy bowl was, however, just how I was hoping it would be.


Dan and I did a thorough clean-up of the house and I'm thrilled with the results. We have committed to doing it more than just when company will be coming over and I think it will be a big step in getting us feeling more relaxed when we get home from a long day of work. We also printed out the sold out game "Cards Against Humanity" and brought it to an all-genders welcome baby shower for a friend of ours who is due at the end of the month. Tears, laughs and jaw dropping is inevitable and we can't wait to see how mom and dad react when we pull the game out with Matt home in March. 


This weekend was also an excellent opportunity for bonding time with Tiger. Dan and I proved how much we want the best for our boy and spent an hour in a PetSmart Saturday evening before they closed selecting the perfect accents for his home. He's over the moon about his heater, a sweet skull and an upcycled bowl that was previously used for popcorn, chips and fruit salads.




We realized this past week who he resembled... #GetItFromMyMama:


#RunChat: I'm happy to have 10 miles already under my belt for the month and plan to rack up some more this evening. Tomorrow will be a hectic day at work as most Mondays are, and I'll be happy to decompress and prepare for the next. I made sure to pack a great lunch, had an extra cup of coffee and hugged my sweetheart first thing when the alarm went off.


Happy Monday, all!


<3 JE


4 comments

Brookelyn said...

so glad i got to meet the little guy. #spoiled

Meghan said...

that breakfast looks deee-licious! :) glad you had a super weekend!

It’s Always the Last Place You Look | JESSI EVEN said...

[...] license - sigh. It had me worried. I even felt good that Dan and I had just cleaned the house for Super Bowl Sunday which meant that the clutter level was [...]

February Summary | JESSI EVEN said...

[...] a Super Bowl [...]