Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Liebster Award

After such a tough and heavy last 7 days from me I was happy to see that my lady Brooke nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award.



 A what?


In my own words, the Liebster is a peer-given award for up and coming bloggers who are extra cool people just starting out, typically don't have sponsors, don't blog for a living and who you'd like to give a little boost in readership. It's like a fist bump from blogger to blogger.


Name of the Game




  • Play along! The nominated blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for them.

  • Choose new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.

  • Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.

  • Go back to their page and tell them about the award.

  • Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.

  • No Tag Backs!


Brooke had questions - I've got answers! 


1. Boy Meets World or Saved By the Bell?


Ah, I remember being so excited for the T.G.I.F lineup when I was younger and have to admit that the life lessons Cory, Topanga, Shawn and I learned from Mr. Feeney were some of the best. To share, here's 18 things we learned from Boy Meets World and I can't wait to see what Girl Meets World is all about!



2. Who's going to win the NCAA tourney?


My unpopular choice according to my bracket is Louisville beating Indiana 62-57 in the final. I say unpopular because I'm drafting up an all Adidas final. Yikes.


3. What was your first car? 


My first car was one that was passed down from Granny to both my brother and I to get our teenage mileage in. It was a light blue Buick Skylark that we later sold to a woman lived in the neighborhood. For the last 7 years its been parked across the street from my house every day - but in the last week it's nowhere to be seen and the woman has been driving another car. This may be a good time to say rest in peace to the "Buick" too.


4. Sour Patch Kids or Swedish Fish?


Sour patch kids because I enjoy stripping the sugar off of them and then slowly dissolving the gummy part. I also know that I have no portion control with swedish fish so I avoid them when I can.


5. The last time you laughed really hard?


I am blessed because I laugh really hard each and every day living with Dan. Whether its running out of toilet paper, a silly story from the office or something great we found on the internet, it never ends. We find humor in some of the simplest things and love how he never ceases to keep me laughing.


6. Favorite show on TV?


I have been hooked to AMC's The Walking Dead since the first time I watched it with my parents three years ago. The story is so captivating and you can't take your eyes off the real-undead zombies roaming around in the background and up-close in gruesome gory scenes. Get in on the action - rumor has is they are showing a three season marathon to gear up for season 3 finale on Easter Sunday.


7. Best recipe you have ever made? 


This doesn't help Brooke to learn a new recipe, but her and Anne's family secret salsa has been all the rage at our home. It's so easy even Dan can recite the ingredients and is always hungry for a bowl of fresh veggie salsa. We typically sub extra jalapenos for the tomatoes and only use 1/2 of an onion.



8. Do you like the new Justin Timberlake CD?


You have no idea how much I like the JT 20/20 Experience CD. It's in my car with the bonus tracks included and I haven't turned on the radio since. It's a sweet easy listen and gets me in a playful mood for either going into work or coming home to relax for the evening.


Dan swept me off my feet to dance to this one just last week: Strawberry Bubblegum


9. What do order when you go to Chipotle?  


I actually get anxiety when I go into Chipotle because there are so many options that I know will taste so good that I can't make my mind up when it becomes my turn. I think most often I order the burrito bowl with rice + black beans + chicken + fajita vegetables + corn salsa + romaine lettuce - which gets us to a cool 585 calories according to their nutrition calculator.


10. What book are you currently reading?! 


I'm constantly reading blogs after blogs after blogs - about fashion, fitness, life, photography, etc. Once I get acquainted with a writer I'm unable to stop reading - which I hope is the same for how my readers perceive me! However, I'm hoping to start Jillian's Slim for Life soon - it's already saved on my Kindle.


11. What keeps you blogging every day?


It's been a challenge to keep up with the schedule that I've made for myself - one post each day of the week, published by 8am, and full of content I'm proud of. I keep it going because it's been a great outlet for me to share more about myself, get my thoughts out of my head, write more than just work emails and an excuse to practice taking beautiful photos with my still new to me camera.


Phew - Now time to fulfill my end of the bargain and share 11 random tidbits about myself:





  • I've lived in the same 25 mile bubble my entire life (travel not included)

  • I skipped a grade in elementary school

  • I have three college degrees

  • I can't be trusted with a bag of raisin bran - all you'll get out of it is the bran. Same goes for lucky charms, granola, trail mix, etc.

  • I've only had three guys I've officially called a boyfriend in my life.

  • My biggest fear is a papercut in the eye

  • Speaking of eyes - I'd like laser eye surgery in the next 2-3 years

  • I'm an introvert

  • I believe in karma

  • I have a love/hate relationship with painting my nails

  • I haven't drank soda since April 24, 2000 / haven't had french fries since December 29th, 2001


Now for the ladies I nominate and the questions I give them to answer in their own free time and share the fun:

Erin at Hey Hey, Erin May


Marisa at Uproot From Oregon


Jillian at Sprinkle Massacre


Justine at Anything and Everything


Amanda at Rose City Romance (who has a birthday coming up?!)


My Questions, if you dare:

  1. What was your first job?

  2. What's your #1 relax-yourself tip?

  3. Best beauty tip?

  4. What quality do you admire the most about yourself?

  5. Best movie for a rainy day?

  6. Chat over a cup of coffee or over a glass of wine?

  7. Vacation on the beach or in the mountains?

  8. Favorite blog out there besides your own?

  9. Best PDX restaurant in your opinion?

  10. Hard-cover, paperback or e-book?

  11. Favorite holiday & why?


Have fun!

heart JE

2 comments

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon said...

Thank you for nominating me! I loved browsing these other blogs you mentioned as well and now have a bunch of new people to follow : ) I already received this award so you can see my answers here: http://uprootfromoregon.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/a-blog-award/ (with a shoutout to Mr Feeny! So funny that Boy Meets World is everywhere!).

March Summary | JUMPING JE said...

[...] accepted a blogging award – thanks! And Dan received an Employee of the Quarter [...]