Thursday, October 18, 2012

DIY Family Name Art - Wood to Stone

As I'm heading to the family beach house this weekend, I wanted to bring something along that was made from the heart to add to the decor mom has already worked so hard on.


I had a coupon to Michael's Craft Store and made the most of the rainy weekend to get the supplies together to make this wood-turned-"stone" hangable art featuring our last name.


This project took less than 15 minutes from start to finish (not including drying) and you only need a few simple supplies:


What I used:


Elmer's craft-bond glue stick


Make it Stone Krylon Spray Paint (sand)


Wood Letters from Michael's Craft Store in a blocky font


Empty Cardboard box for surface protection



Step 1: Gather your supplies



Step 2: Arrange your letters where you'd like them to be and mark with a pen - hint: the pen mark will be covered by the paint



Step 3: Glue the back sides of the letters with your craft glue, apply to the board immediately



Step 4: Grab your spray paint and GO OUTSIDE



Step 5: Spray an EVEN (ha-ha) coat over the entire work, continue spraying in spots where you still see wood ... I still see wood ^



Step 6: Allow to dry and touch up any areas you may have missed



Step 7: Share on Instagram while you let it dry completely (allow 4-6 hours)


Try your own and let me know how it goes! I can't wait to see where it will end up at the beach house!


<3 JE


2 comments

October Summary | JESSI EVEN said...

[...] DIY Family Name Art for the beach house. [...]

Daytona Beach Motel said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here different
website and thought I might as well check things out. I like what
I see so now i am following you. Look forward to finding out
about your web page repeatedly.