Tuesday, October 30, 2012

OctNOber - Last Day Update!

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 |


Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14 |


Day 15Day 16Day 17Day 18Day 19Day 20Day 21 |


The day Dan has been waiting for... the last day of our 21 day OctNOber challenge!


Actually, tomorrow is the day he's really excited for - I think I may have to hide the Halloween candy from him. Then again, he may have to pry from my fingers take the pumpkin ice cream from me.


We had a great Halloween weekend together at my house watching sports, finishing season 5 (part 1) of Breaking Bad and firing up the grill for some juicy steak!


It was also his half birthday weekend so I wanted to make sure it was extra special for him especially with my 25th Birthday coming up.


{Not pictured are the three latte's we each enjoyed, the 6 pack of Angry Orchard Hard Cider that was gone within hours, or Saturday's brunch scramble made to perfection with the help of meats from Otto's Sausage Kitchen.}


^ NY Boneless Strip Steak and Filet Mignon from Trader Joe's ^


^ Garlic Potatoes and Haricots Verts from Trader Joe's ^


^ The good stuff is meant for sipping ^


^ Not as friendly as the Ticket Oak ^


^ Never waste the guts of a pumpkin ^


After the Chicago Bears won what seemed like it could have been the Super Bowl based on Dan's cheers and chants, we set off to celebrate with a southern Half Birthday brunch at the Screen Door where lines are long because the food is unbelievable. I'd been meaning to take Dan here for a long time, but he's always had golf, I've had marathon training and we've just both been busy. I knew that his eyes would light up at the sight of 4 pieces of fried chicken over a sweet potato waffle impaled with a steak knife. When it came to the table I heard something I've never heard from him before.


"Wow, you and I could have just split this."


Next time we will, but I enjoyed my Tofu Hash both for brunch and leftovers last night. The brunch that keeps on giving.


^ Screen Door Brunch Menu ^


^ Coffee while you wait ^


^ Fried Chicken + Sweet Potato Waffle ^


^ Tofu Hash ^


I do plan to have something sweet on Wednesday, but I don't plan to binge and/or make it a habit. I feel empowered to say no!


<3 JE

1 comment

October Summary | JESSI EVEN said...

[...] ← OctNOber – Last Day Update! [...]