Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Christmas Miracle

Year after year I am so impressed by the generosity of friends and family who pull together to make a family's Christmas wishes come true. Mostly though I am impressed by my mother who takes on the alias of "Secret Santa" and spends hours and days of her December pulling together resources to provide gifts, clothes, food, money for electricity and more for adopted families in the community.

^Mom's December Facebook Profile Picture^

This year she stretched above and beyond to adopt three families, all of different walks of life:



  • A selfless Single Mom who has lost her job due to grave illness with 2 Girls, Ages 7 and 10.

  • A proud and humble Family with 2 Boys, Ages 10 and 14

  • Another proud and hard working family with 2 Boys, Ages 8 and 10.

Mom reached out to her Facebook network and watched the love and joy spread like wildfire. People who had previously donated $25 gave more, people who had previously given $50 doubled that commitment. There was even a donation from across the country of $500 - W O W!

Some donated money which allowed my mom to mindfully shop for the families while others did the shopping themselves. The end result was overwhelmingly beautiful and I know that it was a labor of love to wrap all of these gifts for the children to open with wide eyes on Christmas morning.

As mentioned above, money was also allocated for electricity and food so that the families could live easier the days after Christmas with a reprieve from usual bills that may weigh them down.

My mom is a selfless hero and I admire her each and every day - especially when she's operating undercover as Secret Santa!




What a beautiful sight!

<3 JE

4 comments

Brookelyn said...

Angie Rocks! I want to be just like her when I grow up :)

Jenny Carter said...

An absolute blessing and gift that will be cherished forever. I am going to be a Secret Santa next year. She has inspired me beyond words.

2012, We Had Fun! | JESSI EVEN said...

[...] Mom being a superhero Secret Santa [...]

Happy Anniversary | JESSI EVEN said...

[...] that they have accomplished so much together and that they relentlessly continue to work hard to spread love, build their future and enjoy their precious time together. I’ve never seen two people more [...]