Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Lumineers

This weekend was the perfect opportunity to wind down and stay indoors comfy and cozy with some new slippers I rewarded myself with. Sunday nights I normally start preparing for my week ahead, think of what I want to accomplish and hold on to the final hours of lounging around before the work week starts its next cycle.


[...Record Scratch...] This Sunday was anything but cozy and in bed by 9pm!


Months ago Brooke, Brad and I got in on the 94.7 fm December to Remember Pre-Sale VIP Only for the Lumineers. Somehow it turned out that the concert was on Sunday night of potentially one of the longest, slowest work weeks of my career. But on the bright side, it was the perfect music session to start my week off on the right foot.


The night started with meeting the crew at the Crystal Ballroom around 7 for some pre-show drinks and eats at the McMenamin's downstairs. I don't often play "too cool for school" and skip the opener, but it was honestly a great opportunity to catch up with Brooke and Brad, meet some of Brad's friends from work and have some quality chatter before the main event in the ballroom.


http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaws.com/461d464a3d1311e2a0d822000a1f9a12_7.jpg

If you want the perfect at-work music station, choose The Lumineers on Pandora and find yourself tapping your feel, singing along and incorporating the words "Ho!" and "Hey" as your rhythmic background.


Here's their main hit, which they were able to get away with playing twice... back to back! Once was a no-microphone audience participation sing-along, and next was a live grand performance that sounded remarkably close to the album version!


[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCBSSwgtg4&w=560&h=315]


I have no concerts on the calendar through to 2013 but I'm sure I'll be finding another one to visit soon enough!


<3 JE

1 comment

2012, We Had Fun! | JESSI EVEN said...

[...] Concerts, Concerts and more Concerts with Brad & Brooke [...]