Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January's Eight Great Goals + 2013 Resolutions

Is everyone rested up? I am!


Now that I've had ample time to mentally prepare for returning to reality after an amazing holiday break, I think it's time to share my January's Eight Great Goals and also share the 2013 resolutions that have been on my mind the past few weeks.


Eight Great Goals

1. Make time during the workday to actually enjoy my lunch rather than working through it at my desk.

2. Lose the 5 pounds that I've put on during the holidays by January 31st - and maybe more if it comes off easily! (hint: drink water!!)

3. Assist Dan in a successful move from Southwest Beaverton to Southeast Portland.

4. No consuming food after 9pm!

5. Clean out my car - my trunk is a graveyard for things I never use but always think I'll need.

6. Attend 5 NTC sessions on top of my usual 100 running miles. (1,278 miles logged in 2012)

7. 5 servings a day of Fruits & Veggies + an increase protein intake.

8. Each night write down one thing from that day that made me smile - like a calendar journal.

I put a lot of thought into these goals and really think that if I keep them close to me I will be able to achieve each and every one of them.

And now what you've been waiting for - a list of 2,013 things that I want to accomplish this year...


via


JUST kidding - I only have five resolutions I'm publicly committing to!

1. NO using my phone while I'm the driver of a vehicle and the car is in motion. The risk isn't worth the reward.

2. Respect others for who they are and see the good in them no matter what I may think. The world needs more r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

3. Golf 9 holes with Dan while keeping score - and not look like a jerk doing it!

4. Meal Planning for both Dan & I. More structure up front, less poor and hungry decisions later.

5. Smarter spending and back on the saving train. I got carried away during the holiday season.

What are some of your resolutions this year? Whatever they are, believe in yourself to achieve them.

<3 JE