Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Planning Is Winning

I don't know how everyone else feels but my body is telling me that it's Friday. What a long week it's been already and when I look at my calendar and see that it's only Wednesday I want to pout a little. The short holiday work weeks were good to me and I feel like what I need is another good 3-Day weekend... I'm looking at you, MLK Jr. Day!


Something that doesn't make me pouty about this week is that Sunday I spent some quality time to get some clean, consistent and packable lunches ready. After a half hour I turned 1 dry cup worth of quinoa, 3 cups of mixed veggies and 2 grilled chicken breasts into this:



(Sriracha glaze added)


Dan pitched in by grilling up the chicken both for dinner and for my lunch protein source. I think he's going to fit right in around here.


This couldn't have been a better week to plan as Dan and I are adjusting to our new schedule amongst plenty of post workday social activities that have caused us to get home a little later than normal. A BCS Blowout and a Cinetopia date night for Quentin Tarantino's latest were good reasons to stay West, but I'm sincerely looking forward to a night with no extras on the agenda.


I'm hoping to refine my pre-cooking skills in the weeks to come even further so that I have consistency and routine in my meal schedule. May have to even put a grocery plan in place to try out the new crock pot!


<3 JE

1 comment

gogreenstaylean said...

This is a great idea! Planning is key to success.