Thursday, January 10, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Winter Coat

Did anyone else catch the news that there's snow in the Portland forecast the next few days? And here I was running at 6pm last night in shorts! Not because I've been under a rock the past month but because my legs in the winter are the best reflective gear I own ;) #longhairdontcare


I remember as a kid I hated wearing jackets. I'm not sure what it was but I didn't 'have time' for the whole bundle-up-before-you-go-outside,sweetheart routine. Of course mom had the best intentions but when my brother and his friends I would get an idea in our heads we were out the door and in the yard before we could even register that we probably did need a coat.


Now, as Dan will agree, I need to and would like to be wearing a coat and gloves almost all times of the day and often don't leave home without one! I find myself pinning, pinning moreloving and gawking over lovely jackets like these. I even have jacket envy over Dan's new Chicago Bears jacket {sold out}.  Not only do I look for the warmth a winter coat can provide, but also for the fuzzy feeling you get when you pull on a jacket and it completes your whole look from head to toe.


This Throwback Thursday is brought to you by a thoughtful birthday present that I assume I was fake smiling about... or maybe this was where my coat love began!
<3 JE

No comments