Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Love the Run

A key piece of my happiness is my love of running and ability to set goals for myself and crush them. Running provides me a release of the mind, exercise of the body and rejuvenation of the soul.


Some of you who are my near and dear facebook friends saw my early January status update disclosing my 2012 running statistics. Each run was recorded, each alcoholic beverage was accounted for and even every non-running day was measured.


If you didn't already see it, here's how the numbers came in:


Miles: 1,278
Adult Drinks (no judgment): 269
Nike Training Club Sessions: 22
No Running Days: 150
Marathons: 1!

Marking my 36th consecutive month of running 100+ miles, I feel great to continue to live up to the original goal I set for myself and to find it within myself to never let myself fall short in 2013 and beyond.


^ originally posted by @JumpingJE ^


I'm writing this post more for me right now than for you. With my new job I'm finding it difficult to set aside the time in the day to run. I still don't feel comfortable leaving my desk for 90 minutes and with my new carpool commuting schedule I'm not going to be able to run in the morning. I'll also not run directly after work because I'll be on Dan's schedule to get on the East side before we face traffic.


I'm hearing a lot of No's and Can'ts...


I'm going to make a change and carve out some time and make it happen. No excuses.


Let's hope for some gorgeous weather to break through and propel me into some distance runs to really rack up the January miles.


^ originally posted by @JumpingJE ^


<3 JE

1 comment

moveeatcreate said...

I'm counting on some nice January weather to come our way, too. Keeping my fingers crossed!